Announcing: Online Literary Apologetics Conference
|March 5, 2010||Posted by Anthony under apologetics, Birth Pangs, Blog, Christianity and Culture, General, literary apologetics|
I am proud to announce that Athanatos Christian Ministries will be hosting its first annual online apologetics conference this May.
The theme for the conference is ‘literary apologetics.’ Potentially, future conferences will tackle some other brand of communicating or defending the Gospel through the arts. ‘Literary apologetics’ is, obviously, using the written word to carry out that endeavor. Notable examples are C. S. Lewis, G. K. Chesterton, and Dorothy Sayers, to name a few.
The purpose of the conference is to issue a call to Christians in the arts to express their faith through them and issue a call to the Christian Church to help them in a more deliberate fashion.
The conference is taking registrations now. The cost is $35 for the two day event, but discounts are available for students and there is an early bird special in place before March 15th.
- Robert Bowman, Jr. Institute for Religious Research.
- Dr. Angus Menuge, Concordia University Wisconsin.
- Dr. Corey Olsen, aka “The Tolkien Professor,” Washington College.
- Dr. Bernard Bull, Concordia University Wisconsin.
- Mr. Robert Velarde, Author
- Mary Jo Sharp, Confident Christianity.
- Mr. Anthony Horvath, Athanatos Christian Ministries.
- The 1st Prize winner of ACM’s 2010 Christian writing contest.