Believe in the resurrection of Jesus but don’t know the evidence for that belief? Do you see that as a problem? You should. Confused about how the New Testament canon came to be and nervous that books like Dan Brown’s “The Da Vinci Code” might have something to it? Arm yourself with the facts. Afraid that you’re missing out because you know the New Testament was written in Greek but you’re stuck with the English? Maybe learning Greek isn’t so hard.
The Historicity of the Resurrection, the Formation of the NT Canon, and Introduction to Biblical Greek are just three courses being offered through Athanatos Christian Ministries this coming April. Anthony Horvath, the executive director of Athanatos Ministries, and otherwise known as ‘Sntjohnny’ has experience teaching all three topics to many different age groups. He has assembled a team of competent facilitators to guide Christians into a deeper understanding of the foundational facts of their Christian faith.
The courses are really just modules- 2 to 3 week sessions that require just about five hours per week. They cost $15.00 each. As you can see, there is a very small time and financial commitment involved and so there is very little reason for not taking advantage of these classes.
They are designed with the Christian in mind but can be useful for anyone interested in learning more about the foundations of the Christian faith. Who might be interested?
- The youth director who wants to be able to answer the hard questions put to him.
- The high school senior looking for reliable material to share with classmates.
- The college student confronted with secular challenges to his faith and wondering why on earth he didn’t learn anything useful in Sunday School for dealing with hard nosed professors.
- The parent who knows that if he doesn’t pass along the facts of the faith to his children, no one will.
- The pastor who knows that apologetics is important but doesn’t know where to start.
- The Bible student who wants to go deeper.
In the April session, the following courses are available:
- Study in Alleged Bible Contradictions
- Reliability of the New Testament Documents
- Historicity of the Resurrection
- Elements of Basic Christianity
- Cults and World Religions
- The Problem of Pain and Suffering
- Basic New Testament Greek
- Formation of the New Testament Canon
Each class is designed to be introductory in nature and structured to provide the student with the tools for further inquiry, either self-directed or in later course modules. Classes begin approximately April 15th but will vary based on the individual facilitator’s schedule, class size and feedback, etc. Enroll early and invite your friends and relatives! Pay via credit card or paypal.
To learn more and enroll go directly to the Athanatos Online Academy: www.athanatosministries.org/courses